Category: sewing

The Scout Tee

I’ve finally finished another project! It has been ages. I actually started this one months ago, and didn’t finish it until today. Perhaps it was because I was intimidated by attempting set-in sleeves for the first time or that the basement was too cold (where my sewing machine lives). But really sewing got pushed to […]

A quick alteration

I bought this shirt from Madewell quite impulsively; it was on sale and in a simple pattern I really loved. I didn’t pay to much attention to the fit or style of the shirt until it arrived and realized it was a ‘boyfriend’ fit. Aka, oversized (it even reads that on the tag) and baggy. […]

Ann Noblitt of the Rolling Toaster

Today I have something different to share. I have met so many interesting and amazing people through Scott; and today that brings us to Ann. I first met Ann at our local wilderness academy after being told she was a weapons expert. I have since followed her on social media as she has pursued various […]

Light layers

  I’ve taken advantage of this holiday weekend to sew up a simple kimono in a light woven fabric I’ve had for some time. A kimono made by Morgan of Crab&Bee served as my inspiration for this piece. I think I could even say she served as my inspiration to begin sewing! Her modern creations are worth […]

Spring Linen

This weekend I finally carved some time out for sewing. Weeks ago I bought all that nice fabric but admittedly I’m too nervous to use it. I know I want to make a Linden Sweatshirt with that super pricey jacquard , but I want to do it right – meaning with a serger – so that […]


I found this fleecy print at JoAnns and immediately brought it to the cutting table. The sales person smiled at my fabric and remarked that “this must be for a little boy”. I quickly corrected her. Who wouldn’t want this fabric?! I chose to make the Margot pajama pants from Tilly and the Buttons‘ book Love at First Stitch. […]

New Look 6217 – again!

Last weekend I completed a shirt from the New Look 6217 pattern. I completed the skirt and the cardigan in my intro to garments class last fall, so I decided to try out the top with some really cheap fabric I got on sale. As you can see no set in sleeves or anything tricky. […]

A simple clutch

Today I whipped up something quick. I bough a PDF pattern for a fold-over clutch from LBG Studio recently and figured this would be an easy thing to make for gifts. Serendipitously, I visited my aunt and uncle, who are both interior designers/fabric aficionados/artistically minded people, two days ago. They had amassed a vast amount of […]

New Look 6217

I’ve been sewing since February of this year when I took an introductory course at a specialty fabric store in town. Prior I had never touched a sewing machine; I’d reattached the occasional button (after watching a youtube video first) and tried to fix small things with hand stitching. Since the class I have tried my […]

First attempts at sewing

I did it, I finally made something on my sewing machine! I’ve been attempting to make a collared shirt out of muslin (practice fabric) for a while but kept getting stuck at steps. After realizing that this was probably too advanced for a first project, I started with a dress pattern that had the words […]